Get Fit. Get Active. Get Inspired. Subscribe to get the latest updates and printables.

Even the Best Plans Change Days 29-32 of 100

101 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 87 Google+ 9 StumbleUpon 1 Pin It Share 0 Filament.io 101 Flares ×

plans change

Plans Change

Before the week began I knew that I needed to make a few changes to my plan because I was finding that I was spending so much time between my morning workout to the late nights working on the blog.  I had to reevaluate the reason that I was on this journey.   This journey is about my lifestyle becoming healthier and documenting it is secondary.   I love the accountability that writing about my journey gives me but when I am up late at night writing articles and, editing photos and promoting content  I am getting to bed later and later.

I decided that I needed more balance in what I was doing.   So I created a new schedule that made more sense to my life and gives me the ability to continue documenting this journey once school starts back in the Fall.   Here is what I came up with to help me better balance my responsibilities to myself and to the blog and my readers.

I printed out multiples of this spreadsheet to give myself a daily plan to help me stay organized and focused so that I can balance everything and still get to bed at a decent hour.  I have been going to bed anywhere from 6-11am  which isn’t healthy at all.  Even as I write this its 4:34am but the difference in this day and the rest of the week will be it will only happen once a week.  All the rest of the week my goal is to get to bed no later than midnight.

How do you strike that balance in your life?

plans change

So on Monday I spent the day hiking at McGee Creek state park which you may remember from my post last week.  Tuesday I headed to another hiking spot about an hour away from the city at Turner Falls it was just amazing.    As you can see from my schedule I didn’t do any weights on Tuesday.   On Wednesday was the day I finally decided to give up counting calories and I am happy to report that has gone swimmingly.   I have been more conscious about what I am eating but not obsessive which has really lowered my food related stress.   Thursday I went to aqua fit and then immediately went out to do my laps around the track.  Overall it was great to just enjoy the week.

Here are some pictures from Tuesday’s Hike at Turner Falls in the Arbuckle Mountains in Davis, OK

DSCN3446

This is the 1 of 4 caves.

DSCN3452

A view from the top!

DSCN3456

This is one of the largest waterfalls in Oklahoma.  The waterfall spills into a pool where visitors can swim.

DSCN3463

I spent most of my day trying to get a shot of the blue dragon fly.  Finally GOT IT!!!

DSCN3465

This is an old stone building that they call the castle.  It took many flights of stairs to get up to it.

DSCN3475

Here is the path that leads away from the castle.

DSCN3482

Did you accomplish all that you hoped to accomplish last week?  Do you make a schedule to keep you on track?

72 Comments on Even the Best Plans Change Days 29-32 of 100

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy)
    June 24, 2014 at 5:39 AM (1 year ago)

I think a workout schedule helps! I can’t workout on my own – I need group classes to get me to actually do it, so I always have my schedule for the week written out.

• Danielle Stewart
      June 24, 2014 at 6:22 AM (1 year ago)

It definitely helps. I was kinda all over the place with my workout when it got beyond just the walking so a schedule keeps me focused on what I am suppose to be doing and when.

2. R U S S
    June 24, 2014 at 5:54 AM (1 year ago)

I love how organized you are! I hope I get inspired by your schedule and to-do list. You even get to track the posts on the blog group.

• Danielle Stewart
      June 24, 2014 at 6:12 AM (1 year ago)

I found that if I didn’t track what was happening in the groups life would take over and I would totally forget what I needed to do. My list makes it easy for me to glance at so that I know where I am at in my week.

3. Emma T
    June 24, 2014 at 6:18 AM (1 year ago)

That’s a great plan. I think I need to do similar – as I’m up at midnight finishing off blog/promotion bits, and then up at 6. Hopefully more sleep would mean more time to exercise in the mornings.

Maybe laminate the sheet, then you can reuse it by wiping off.

• Danielle Stewart
      June 24, 2014 at 6:21 AM (1 year ago)

That is a smart idea and I have a lamination machine. Thank you for that because printer paper and ink are not cheap.

4. Jennifer Sikora
    June 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM (1 year ago)

Love, love love your schedule!!! I am so going to do this for myself too! Thanks for the inspiration :)

5. Kay Adeola
    June 24, 2014 at 8:05 AM (1 year ago)

I wish i was that organized. I have a schedule don’t get me wrong but i most of the time can not stick to it lol.

6. Paula Parker
    June 24, 2014 at 8:08 AM (1 year ago)

I love the new scheduling. I need some organizing myself. I always count calories at the beginning of my journey and then quit. It’s great to kickstart my program, after a while, it’s not necessary. Great photos!

7. Michelle F.
    June 24, 2014 at 8:18 AM (1 year ago)

That is a great tip to use the spreadsheets. I find it hard too to get my workouts in an do the work needed on my blog.

8. Samantha Angell
    June 24, 2014 at 8:55 AM (1 year ago)

Wow, you have a great list of blogging tasks and schedule to stick to! I don’t have one (at all right now) but blogging unfortunately has taken a backseat this summer. Good for you to keep it up!

9. Jaime Nicole
    June 24, 2014 at 9:08 AM (1 year ago)

Finding balance is definitely an art form and your schedule is very smart. I have been on the same schedule for a year now (between blogging, working and my daughter’s needs) that it’s become a habit!

10. Louida
    June 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM (1 year ago)

I have a full time job and blog full time as a career and let me tell you, it’s hard! I’ve gotten to the point of hiring a writer and a publicist to help me free up my time. I spend a lot of my time writing late in the evenings, writing while at work, and on the weekends. But I will say it is all worth it since it has became a business now.

11. Scott
    June 24, 2014 at 9:28 AM (1 year ago)

We also utilize a spreadsheet to keep us organized when it comes to blog promotion, even down to tracking how often a post is promoted and where!

12. Kathryn
    June 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM (1 year ago)

I love spreadsheets and lists to help keep me on track!

13. My Kids Guide
    June 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM (1 year ago)

I need more balance. Especially with summer being here.

14. Sarah Jane
    June 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM (1 year ago)

I try to keep a basic schedule, but with a six week old baby, it does not always get accomplished.

15. Kungphoo
    June 24, 2014 at 10:15 AM (1 year ago)

I did not accomplish 50% of what i wanted to last week.. Life got in the way.. those are some great pictures, i like the running water stream..

16. Kate K
    June 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM (1 year ago)

I love how organized you are. I get so busy with work sometimes I start to freak out and freeze… then nothing gets done! I’m really trying to take more time to just breathe and remind myself that if something doesn’t get done, it’s not the end of the world.

17. Marya
    June 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM (1 year ago)

What a great chart hope it helps. I make a paper to-do list everyday, and that really helps me. Great pictures, by the way! Love them!

18. Viv
    June 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM (1 year ago)

Wow! This is a great article and one that definitely has me reconsidering my schedule.

19. Michelle
    June 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM (1 year ago)

You are so organized! I wish I was this good about my workouts/blogging…too much last minute stuff comes up to guarantee getting everything done each day

20. Krystal
    June 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM (1 year ago)

I find that organizing my schedule really makes an effective daily routine.
    Your hiking pictures are awesome! That looks like so much fun.

21. Marielle Altenor
    June 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM (1 year ago)

Having a balanced lifestyle is key to happiness. As for me I haven’t been able to do everything that I wanted to get done (yet) but working on it.

22. krystalskitsch
    June 24, 2014 at 1:30 PM (1 year ago)

That spreadsheet is serious…and motivating! I need to try that approach.

23. Grace
    June 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM (1 year ago)

I like the idea of the schedule. I find myself burning both ends of the wick also and it leads to burn out. It’s definitely a balancing act.

24. Touristmeetstraveler
    June 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM (1 year ago)

Wow you seem to be very organized! I can tell that you must get a lot done through out the day.

25. Terri
    June 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM (1 year ago)

You are the organizational queen! I need to be more like you

26. Mary Ann
    June 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM (1 year ago)

Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing your spreadsheet. Balancing two websites, 4 kids, exercise, and daily living has me waking up really early and going to be way too late. You’ve inspired me to organize it better. Thanks!

27. Chavonne H
    June 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM (1 year ago)

I don’t have a schedule at all but I really like yours, I bet I could get so much more done in life if I made one, thanks for the inspiration. I love the photos of the Arbuckle Mountains, looks so serene and relaxing.

28. Rosey
    June 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM (1 year ago)

Good luck with getting to bed earlier. I would love to be able to stay up longer than I do, but most days I’m tuckered out by the regular school-time bedtime hour my kids keep. Old age or habit, I’m not sure. :)

29. Charity L.
    June 24, 2014 at 4:55 PM (1 year ago)

Definitely with you on the balancing. I find myself spending way too much time. Though I do make sure I am on only certain hours, off before dinner and so on. But it ends up being time consuming.

30. becca
    June 24, 2014 at 5:03 PM (1 year ago)

I lvoe your schedule idea. I know i schedule alot of my fb post through the day but haven’t figures out how to schedule tweets yet.

31. Salty Blonde
    June 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM (1 year ago)

This is a fantastic idea! I love lists and I too have been up to the wee hours trying to make it all happen, with a full time job, a jewelry business and beginning to blog. I realized right away I had to be on top of things or I was going to fall into a hole I would never get out of! Thanks for the motivation! I also love your goal sidebar! Great idea to keep yourself accountable!!

32. Anna
    June 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM (1 year ago)

It’s so hard finding a good balance. I’ve found myself up later and later since summer started. I try to do my blogging after the kids go to bed or during quiet time. I’m also trying to get as many posts ready as possible right now so when I go back to school, I’ll have a stock of them ready for times when I don’t have the time to write new things.

33. maria
    June 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM (1 year ago)

Creating a balance is a huge achievement for many mothers. I love your ideas that you have implemented!

34. janelle
    June 24, 2014 at 7:48 PM (1 year ago)

photos are awesome. i find i spend a lot of my off work hours blogging, but a schedule would be a big help. thanks for sharing

35. Lady Lilith
    June 24, 2014 at 7:53 PM (1 year ago)

I like making schedules. I usually fill it up with more then I need to so I will accomplish more then I planed on for that day.

36. Yona Williams
    June 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM (1 year ago)

Very cool places to work out. I love exploring new natural areas in my neck of the woods. I am all about the lists, and make charts and to-dos all the time. Whoa, you have a lot listed on the Blogging to Do side…

37. Amber NElson
    June 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM (1 year ago)

A schedule definitely does help to keep a person on track!

38. Ann Bacciaglia
    June 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM (1 year ago)

I need to get better organized. Working full time, also have my own biz and being a single mom can be overwhelming at times.

39. LaTonya (Detroit Mom)
    June 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM (1 year ago)

I’ve always wanted to visit a real life castle. Those pictures are amazing, If you want ro make God laugh tell him of your plans

40. Maria Oller
    June 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM (1 year ago)

I really admire how organized you are, I’m more the kind go with flow person and my exercise before getting pregnant was just walk around the park

41. Elayna Fernandez ~ The Positive MOM
    June 24, 2014 at 9:49 PM (1 year ago)

Wow… I love your schedule. I have a similar one, although no work out for me yet. I have actually been to Turner Falls with my family and I loved it there. I love nature and family fun!

• Danielle Stewart
      June 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM (1 year ago)

It is such a great place. My son really loves it there too!

42. Amanda
    June 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM (1 year ago)

Great idea. I love the schedule that you made. I found I had to do pretty much the same thing or I never get anything done.

43. Veronica
    June 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM (1 year ago)

I am a fly by the seat f my pants person, so I don’t make schedules really. You are very discplined

44. Franc Ramon
    June 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM (1 year ago)

It’s really hard managing your fitness lifestyle especially if you have other chores but you seem to be organized enough to surpass the time management part. Being on a trek like you did is so refreshing.

45. FamiGami
    June 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM (1 year ago)

That is the most concise schedule I’ve ever seen. Good job!

46. Kimberly
    June 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM (1 year ago)

You are super organized with your workouts. I am not a person that works out but instead I go for walks when it’s not too hot outside and I do yoga with my 4yr old son. That little castle building is super cute. I love stone or brick buildings as they look so much older and real.

47. Hilary @ The RNY Life
    June 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM (1 year ago)

That hike looks amazing. You’re surrounded by so much beauty. I really need to work on getting myself on a schedule. I find myself putting my blog and blog related task ahead of my workouts. You seem to have a great plan :)

48. Kero Pinkihan
    June 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM (1 year ago)

My schecdule with my son, i try my very best to keep it..but what I have scheduled for myself, it rarely gets followed. Moms self plans always suffers the third or even fourth priority =)

49. Misty Battle
    June 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM (1 year ago)

I need to create a balance as well. It is just hard with 6 kids out for the summer. I don’t have enough hours in the day for everything. I find usually in the summer I slack on blogging more, because I am spending more time with the family. Those are wonderful photos. If we had a place like that around here I would be more apt to go walking.

50. Rebecca Swenor
    June 25, 2014 at 4:47 AM (1 year ago)

Gorgeous pictures and the schedule is what i need to do on a daily basis. I have yet to master the time in my day. Thanks for sharing.

51. Ralff Dizon
    June 25, 2014 at 4:56 AM (1 year ago)

That is an awesome place, and a great place to unwind and relax too. Your so organize when it comes to schedule. Thanks for sharing.

52. Ave
    June 25, 2014 at 5:26 AM (1 year ago)

Turner Falls looks like a really beautiful place! I’m getting to bed later and later every time, but have to change it too.

53. Debbie Jean McMullen
    June 25, 2014 at 8:37 AM (1 year ago)

What a beautiful place! I wish I was that organized! lOl It stresses me out though! I’m more of a loose schedule kind of girl – I have my to do list on a notepad and it gets done at some points during the day!

54. Celebteenlaundry
    June 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM (1 year ago)

It’s always healthy to spice up you’re daily planning and change some things around.

55. tara pittman
    June 25, 2014 at 10:28 AM (1 year ago)

If you are going to bed at that time, what time are you getting up. Everyone needs sleep, take care of yourself.

• Danielle Stewart
      June 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM (1 year ago)

I suffer from insomnia so in reality I don’t sleep very much if medically unassisted.

56. Tough Cookie Mommy
    June 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM (1 year ago)

It’s not easy to find that balance because life has a funny way of getting in the way. It’s good you are aware of this.

57. Holli @ It's An Ordinary Blog
    June 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM (1 year ago)

You’re so organized! I’m terrible at staying on top of what I need to do when I need to do it (and finding the time for a workout in there, too).

58. Tess
    June 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM (1 year ago)

Its always healthy to change things up. Balance is the key!

59. Gingermommy
    June 25, 2014 at 2:16 PM (1 year ago)

My blog hours are the same as my out of the home jobs hours if I had one. Monday to Friday 9-5 then nights and weekends are for the family . Of course I need to be flexible at times but for the most part it works

60. teresa mccluskey
    June 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM (1 year ago)

I tend to use my blog as a job, 8 hrs a day and then with the kids the rest but my 8 hrs are not all at once!

61. Rosey
    June 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM (1 year ago)

A blog can def. take on a life of it’s own and have you sitting there for hours typing. I’m sure every single blogger reading this post was nodding in agreement. :) It’s awesome that you’ve got that healthy balance idea going on now!

62. HauteFrugalista
    June 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM (1 year ago)

I love this place! It looks so pretty and relaxing. Waterfalls are my favorite thing when it comes to nature. I wish I could have a set up schedule. Truth is that my day circles around my kids and what they need, and my priorities for work and fitness always come second. Many times they don’t even happen because Im busy with them.
    xo,
    Dee T
    @HauteFrugalista

63. Roch
    June 25, 2014 at 8:19 PM (1 year ago)

Wow haha my life sure is not really balanced! I have actually also made a spreadsheet of the routines I currently practice every day and found out the percentage of time I spend working is too long. I don’t know how to make it any less.

64. Kristen
    June 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM (1 year ago)

I am truly impressed that you keep a spreadsheet. It is important to get everything done that you want….But also important to enjoy yourself.

65. Amanda McMahon
    June 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM (1 year ago)

Great list. Balance is also important but we often forget about it.

66. Rubbie Anne Abad
    June 26, 2014 at 6:24 AM (1 year ago)

this is so true! i have a planner which i writes all my plans but i always change em hahaha

67. Mommy2jam
    June 27, 2014 at 2:56 AM (1 year ago)

Thank you for sharing with us. I really loved the pictures and your post about your journey. It was so beautiful and inspiring thank you

On Instagram