An Excursion in Xersion by JcPenney Day 29 of 100

68 Flares Twitter 3 Facebook 0 Google+ 65 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 Filament.io 68 Flares ×

xersion by jcpenney

Last week was a bit of a bust because I got it in my head that I was superwoman or something and went kinda crazy with my workout.  I ended up hurt early in the week and didn’t do anything the rest of the week.  So this week I had to revise my plan to something that wouldn’t put me out of commission.   I will talk more about my revised plan in another post later this week.

Today however I want to talk about Xersion by JcPenney which is their exclusive active wear line.  They have some amazing pieces.   I was sent a number of pieces and I was so inspired that I decided to pack up and go for a hike.  If you have been around the site for a while you will know that I have been on a mission to hike Oklahoma.  I have hiked all over from Yosemite, to trails in Washington to right here in Oklahoma.

I am an avid hiker and thought that it would be awesome to go on an excursion while rocking my Xersion by JcPenney active wear.  With my bag packed (camera equipment and all), cooler filled with lots of water, lunch and snacks I filled up the tank and headed to Atoka, OK where McGee Creek State Park is located.

moore to atoka

After traveling for what seemed like forever I finally made it to my destination.  Excited and ready to being my journey and put my new Xersion gear to the test.

mcgee creek state park

So what makes Xersion by JcPenney so special?

• UV Protection
  • Stretch
  • Compression (fitted capri’s)
  • quick-dri
  • no chafe seams (tank)

I was sold as soon as I heard no chafe seams because a couple of weeks ago I had a very nasty chaffing situation after a really long walk.  Let me just say that Xersion totally lived up to my expectations.  I was out hiking for hours and was remained 100% comfortable the entire time I was out on the trails.

DSCN3377

Here I am wearing the Barcode Tee($24) and Fitted Capris ($30).  I got some pretty amazing shots to be going it alone just me and my tripod.

DSCN3384

DSCN3385

DSCN3389

DSCN3391

DSCN3399

DSCN3401

DSCN3408

Here I am wearing the Screen Tank Top ($20) and Tricot Shorts ($24) in Aruba Pink

DSCN3432

Xersion by JcPenny Tank and Tricot Shorts

It was truly an amazing day with only a few bumps along the way.  I spent a good 20 mins lost and then while trying to snap a photo I stumbled upon a nest of spiders ( I had no clue that spiders had nest).   Of course in the spirit of sharing my outtakes check out my discovering the spiders as I was about to place my hand right on them exactly when the camera took the picture.

ahhh spiders

Here is the nest of spiders I almost placed my hand into!

freaked out

Here is my reaction as soon as the camera snapped!

Do you have an interesting hiking story or a run in with nature?   Have you ever tried Xersion by JcPenney?  If not JcPenny is currently running a sale of 40% off activewear!

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Comments

1. lisa jones says

Looks Like AGreat Hike Love All The Outfits Especially The Pink & Yellow One They Look So Comfy!

2. Rebecca Swenor says

I love JcPenny’s clothing. I think they have good comfortable clothing. Thanks for sharing.

3. says

Cute clothing. I love nature and the woods…and taking photos of nature. It’s so relaxing. I wish my sweetie liked to hike. Sometimes, we walk this trail alongside this creek after we play basketball, but when the grasses get overgrown, we can’t go too far. Sometimes, I get a little scared about ticks too.
    Yona Williams recently posted…7 Non-Alcoholic Champagne Gift IdeasMy Profile

4. Don Purdum says

I’ve been through Atoka many times from Dallas to Tulsa. Beautiful ride!!! With the hot weather, comfort is a must.

5. says

You look cute and stylish in your JcPenny’s…I am not gonna lie I stop shopping at JCPenny’s year ago because I felt like they werent keeping up with the trends and quality clothes – but seeing you I might have to reconsider!

6. Jessica Peeling says

The no chaffing and quick dry aspects sound like something I really need – I could use some more work out attire and these pieces are cute

• says

I felt like I was itching all day long after seeing all the spiders! Then I got home to discover that I actually did have a spider crawling on me but it wasn’t a few big one.

7. says

Where you were hiking is absolutely serene. I love hiking.
    I totally forgot that you can get outfits with UV protection. That is so important especially for active wear.
    Kimberly recently posted…The Grey AreaMy Profile

8. michele d says

Looks like you had a great workout and I love all those new clothing by Jcpenney. They look so comfortable for exercise and running.

9. Ann Bacciaglia says

I wish there were JC Penney stores in Canada. Looks like a great activewear line and I love 40% off.

10. Pam says

I love the clothing. It looks so comfortable and it is very pretty! Sunscreen is so important now even in our clothing. Melanoma is rampant.

Your pictures are really beautiful and you did a great job with the tripod. The spiders nest would have been a little bit scary if you would have gotten right into it. Glad you didn’t.

11. says

I would of nearly had a heart attack if I was that close to a nest of spiders, just the picture gave me the heeby jeebies (sp) lol otherwise, awesome trail.. once a friend and i was doing a trail and got lost in the park/woods for like 5hrs haha never did one since then.
    Natalie recently posted…BioTerra Herbs – Sleep ReviewMy Profile

12. Patricia says

Glad your outfits held up for you. Chaffing can be extremely umcomfortable especially if you are out in the sun. Looks like you had a nice hike.

13. samantha says

looks like you had a amazing adventure and you looks so comfy and happy while doing it. I loved all your pictures

14. says

You are looking awesome in those clothes from JcPenney. It has been awhile since we shopped there and I am actually going to shop for some more active clothes or workout clothes. We do love to hike as a family and we enjoy being out and enjoying mother nature. Great workout for sure. :)

15. Annisa says

I just saw this, too funny. I wish you were close so we could workout together. Why is it so hard to find a female friend to workout with. I swear when I ask a friend to walk/run they act like I just called them a bad name and give me the gas face like they smelt something. I swear I want to yell fix your face and come on and lets try to sweat out that new perm and loosen up your weave. Anyway my goal is 20lbs and between work, going back to school for 2nd degree, God telling me that I don’t need kids by dropping my 15 year old niece in my world thanks to my half brother and his baby mama. Girl yes I am throwing shade ….. and trying not to stress over getting a divorce my walk/ run saves my life some days. Especially when my ipod gets to Little Jon… Turn down for what!!!!! I like you think I am superwoman and say I can go another mile forgetting my butt is going to have turn around soon to go home. LOLOL. Anyway miss lady keep up with the post I really enjoy them and watch were you putting your hands. :)

• says

LOL girl I don’t know how many time my butt will be out walking all pumped up in the moment and then it hits me I have to walk my happy butt all the way back. I need more female friends that workout, I feel your pain. Working out also helped me through my divorce shoot I was working so hard I ended up dating my personal trainer but don’t get me started on that.

Trackbacks