Get Fit. Get Active. Get Inspired. Subscribe to get the latest updates and printables.

When Workouts Go Wrong Day 19 of 100

196 Flares Twitter 12 Facebook 61 Google+ 46 StumbleUpon 59 Pin It Share 18 Filament.io 196 Flares ×

As I continue on this fitness/weight loss journey I am reminded of when workouts go wrong.  I sometimes like to believe that I am perfect, but when I reflect back I realize that perfection is a huge leap from what I actually am.

I am sure that its happened to most of you.  Where you are doing something and your going about your merry way and you slip, fall or do something totally ridiculous.  Well for me those kinds of things happen often and a few times I have actually caught them on camera.

So go ahead and have a laugh on me today as I reflect on two workouts that didn’t go as planned.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

So as a blogger I regularly get products to review sometimes in the midst of doing a review and trying to get a good photo something unexpected happens.  I was sent the Empower Total Body Tonging System a long time ago as part of a blog tour I was on.  So I had the great idea to review it for the site.  It was a resistance band system that had to be hooked to the door but apparently I got so overzelaous with trying to get the shot ( I use a timer) that i forgot to close the door all the way and well this is what happened…..

when workouts go wrong Video Bombed

Then there was that one time I was making a youtube video that was going to be included in a compilation piece of how I worked out until I watched video playback however.   Check out the special guest I had no clue was even behind me because I was so busy trying to work the Xbox and he was suppose to be eating {its only 38 seconds long}.  He got me good .  I didn’t end up using the video for my piece but I did get a good laugh.

Daily Steps

fitbit dashboard

What I Ate

So I am almost certain that I had some other things going on and forgot to log my dinner I promise I ate more then this.

myfitnesspal

Have you ever had and embarrassing moment caught on camera?

If you want to give it 100 with me grab yourself a fitbit flex and follow along with me here.

The New Flex: Wireless Activity Tracker

87 Comments on When Workouts Go Wrong Day 19 of 100

1. Kira T
    June 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM (1 year ago)

I love your blog! I especially love your 5 year old mocking you (my son does the same thing).

• Veronica
      June 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM (1 year ago)

I agree, that was pretty funny. She is definitely on track with her goals

2. Paula Parker
    June 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM (1 year ago)

You are beautiful! I love the humor in this blog. I also like that you are sharing your experience! Very motivational! Keep up the good work (not hitting yourself though)

• Danielle Stewart
      June 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM (1 year ago)

Thank You! I am working on not hitting myself…lol

• brett
        June 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM (1 year ago)

i’ve hit myself with fitness stuff. though i hit myself without fitness stuff too. regardless, you are out there doing it!

3. Lavende & Lemonade
    June 13, 2014 at 9:56 AM (1 year ago)

Funny! Great attitude about the ups and downs :) Saw your detailed food diary, impressive! Love cherries for breakfast but I hope you’re not skipping meals…!

• Danielle Stewart
      June 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM (1 year ago)

Nah no meal skipping I just got supper busy and forgot to log the rest of the day after lunch.

4. Jessica Peeling
    June 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM (1 year ago)

Haha! Well it is nice to see the REAL side of fitness – stuff like this definitely happens! The video is so cute, and you are doing great :) Keep up the good work.

5. Debbie Denny
    June 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM (1 year ago)

I AM NOT laughing (ok a little). Somedays you just get a day like this. You will make it!

6. Charity L.
    June 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM (1 year ago)

Ha!! Love it:) But those times make our workouts fun. I have never been caught on camera but definitely had some accidents:)

7. Tiffany Hathorn
    June 13, 2014 at 10:08 AM (1 year ago)

HAAAAA!!!!!!!!! I swear your son is entertaining! And the point and look thing you did is a very familiar gesture for me. Lol!

8. Trisha
    June 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM (1 year ago)

HAHA You need to save this video for a little graduation or wedding surprise for him!

9. teresa mccluskey
    June 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM (1 year ago)

I sure have! I am a video blogger who does reviews also, and I was in the middle of a review on video and passed a little gas it was not loud enough to hear on the video but my 3 yr old says ewww mommy you farted!!! It was so funny!!

10. Kungphoo
    June 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM (1 year ago)

That is a great video.. I am like you, its supposed to look one way, but i do not look like that..

11. Robin (Masshole Mommy)
    June 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM (1 year ago)

Oh man! I can not tell you how many times I have lost my balance during zumba class. It’s more embarrassing when you do it at the gym in front of 40 people LOL.

12. Louida
    June 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM (1 year ago)

How hilarious! Your blog is so motivational for me to get fit and healthy!

13. Angela Johnson
    June 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM (1 year ago)

When Workouts Go Wrong Day 19 of 100 – LOL! Great post. I loved it :)

14. Natalie
    June 13, 2014 at 11:29 AM (1 year ago)

my kids are always mocking me when I do workout videos of whatever kind.

15. Kay Adeola
    June 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM (1 year ago)

Sorry i feel really bad for laughing right now! My hubby is wondering what an earth is so funny while he is watching the world cup lol.Ok so getting hit in the stomach not so funny but getting mocked well now that is one heck of a cutie and we i think it is funny you had no idea.

16. Rena McDaniel-The Diary of an Alzheimer's Caregiver
    June 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM (1 year ago)

it’s always nice when you can laugh at your own bloopers! Fitness blogs are usually pretty boring but this one is hilarious and I think it will provide you with more followers!

17. Kristen from The Road to Domestication
    June 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM (1 year ago)

Oh, I’ve had plenty of fitness mishaps – but hopefully none of them captured on camera LOL Kudos to you for sharing yours!

18. celebbabylaundry
    June 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM (1 year ago)

Got to be careful with those exercise equipment that is placed on doors.

19. Sherri Jo
    June 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM (1 year ago)

I’ve had a few embarrassing moments during a workout… thankfully none captured on camera! <3

20. Carly from The Puzzled Palate
    June 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM (1 year ago)

That video is too funny! Every time I try to do a workout video- I end up with 2 kids and 2 dogs joining in!

21. Pam
    June 13, 2014 at 3:09 PM (1 year ago)

That video bomb was too funny! If I tried to do a workout video, I am sure my cats would ruin it.

22. Amy Desrosiers
    June 13, 2014 at 3:31 PM (1 year ago)

I love this! You inspire me to want to work out now!

23. Richelle Silbaugh
    June 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM (1 year ago)

You are so cute and the video did gave me a good laugh… Can’t wait for the other series and well, i might just spend some time reading the previous ones 😀

24. Shell
    June 13, 2014 at 5:36 PM (1 year ago)

Right in the belly- ouch! That’s so something I would do. My boys constantly mock me when I’m doing zumba.

25. melinda
    June 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM (1 year ago)

i need you to live next door to me. I need some motivated and energized to get me going like this. great work!

26. Yona Williams
    June 13, 2014 at 5:52 PM (1 year ago)

LOL!!! Omgoodness, this post was too funny. I bought the XBox with Kinnect for the main purpose of exercise and have racked up a lot of dance and sport titles. Ask me how many times I’ve used it…it’s still in the box because I have so much more fun playing with or against my nephew at his house. Anyways, very entertaining post!

27. Ria C
    June 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM (1 year ago)

I love how you have the energy and stamina to keep fit. I wish I have the discipline and willpower to actually stick on my workout. Kudos!

28. Roch
    June 13, 2014 at 6:22 PM (1 year ago)

Haha I remember the time when I was working out at home and my sister was laughing at the back taking a video of me. Ugh what was embarrassing was that she showed the video to my friends.

29. Elayna Fernandez ~ The Positive MOM
    June 13, 2014 at 6:42 PM (1 year ago)

I looked at the first photo and thought: Whoa! She’s Gorgeous.
    Then I looked at the second and thought: OUCH…that’s gotta hurt!
    I love your commitment, your humor, and your guest making a cameo appearance lol

30. Mrs. Mashed Up
    June 13, 2014 at 7:16 PM (1 year ago)

OMG– that looked so painful! Recently hubby and I realized how out of shape we are. I’m going to have to troll for some more products like this on your site. lol

31. Cassie @ Southeast by Midwest
    June 13, 2014 at 7:35 PM (1 year ago)

I’ve seen the Tone it System done by some other bloggers and they always make it look so elegant. It’s good that you can show that’s not always the case.

32. lawna
    June 13, 2014 at 7:40 PM (1 year ago)

I myself have not been on video much so i havent had any ambarassing moments caught on camera. I can’t believe it hit you in the stomach. I would be so worried that would happen to me.

33. Sarah Bailey
    June 13, 2014 at 7:52 PM (1 year ago)

Owch owch owch! That must have been so painful I hope you are ok! The video bomb is just so cute though <3. x

34. LaTonya (Detroit Mom)
    June 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM (1 year ago)

U Go Girl! Keep inspiring me to get my butt off of this bed in front of this computer LOL Proud of you

35. Mickey
    June 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM (1 year ago)

Ha! It’s nice to know I’m not the only person who does things like that. :) Very cute!

36. Jaime
    June 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM (1 year ago)

The photo looks painful, but I can see myself doing the same thing. Also, kids are hilarious. I love this entire post. :)

37. Amber NElson
    June 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM (1 year ago)

Yikes! Well it is good to have a little humor.

38. Anna
    June 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM (1 year ago)

Thanks for sharing your bloopers. I hope the band to the stomach didn’t hurt for long.

• Danielle Stewart
      June 13, 2014 at 9:08 PM (1 year ago)

It only hurt for about a few days. My pride was hurt a little longer…lol

39. Amanda Ripsam
    June 13, 2014 at 9:14 PM (1 year ago)

They say no pain no gain am I right ? lol I see you been busy don’t give up just keep on trying.

40. Mommy A to Z
    June 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM (1 year ago)

It’s great to be able to laugh at yourself and not take it all too seriously :) Very funny! And motivating!

41. Rosey
    June 13, 2014 at 9:43 PM (1 year ago)

I love the video bomb your little one did, hahahaha
    My HUSBAND would do that to me. 😉

42. Jennifer Williams
    June 13, 2014 at 9:49 PM (1 year ago)

Gotta love the bloopers, glad you were not seriously hurt by the resistance bands. Your little one running in during the video is exactly how it is in my house and why I no longer bother trying to do videos!

• Danielle Stewart
      June 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM (1 year ago)

I have had more than one occasion that I will be doing an xbox workout and accidentally kicked my kid or hit him in the head because he runs up right next to me.

43. Kiwi
    June 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM (1 year ago)

You have a cute blog, and at least you’re able to laugh at yourself!

44. janelle
    June 13, 2014 at 10:04 PM (1 year ago)

i applaud your workout and tenacity! the little accidents still make for good stories.

45. Veronica
    June 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM (1 year ago)

Ouch. That must have hurt. great attitude and kinda funny! Lol Glad you are ok

46. Franc Ramon
    June 13, 2014 at 11:32 PM (1 year ago)

Workout sometimes go wrong. I remember before I was about to break my half marathon personal record when I had cramps 20 meters before the finish line. I managed to walk of the remaining distance after being relaxing it a bit.

47. Lisa
    June 13, 2014 at 11:37 PM (1 year ago)

No embarrassing moments caught on camera that I know of. But, I’ve still got lots of embarrassing moments to come so you never know!

48. Pam
    June 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM (1 year ago)

OMG. Sooooooo cute! I had to show my husband and he laughed too. Your son is great! And just too cute.

49. Jenn @ The Rebel Chick
    June 14, 2014 at 12:58 AM (1 year ago)

Oh plenty f embarrassing moments in our family. Fortunately, not many caught on camera.

50. Jen
    June 14, 2014 at 2:06 AM (1 year ago)

LOVE your 5 year old dancing in the background of your video! Priceless (and so cute with great hairi)!

51. Susanna @Zealous Mom
    June 14, 2014 at 5:39 AM (1 year ago)

Your little one bombing you is hysterical! That is so something my five-year old would do. I can’t do much around here with out his cute little face popping up right beside me.

• Danielle Stewart
      June 14, 2014 at 6:03 AM (1 year ago)

I always have to wait until he is in another room to do videos or workout on the xbox.

52. chelsea
    June 14, 2014 at 6:15 AM (1 year ago)

Man this makes me want to get off my bum and get fit!

53. Ralff Dizon
    June 14, 2014 at 7:40 AM (1 year ago)

I Love this post and your blog, and i have read some of your post and it is so impressive.

54. Melissa
    June 14, 2014 at 7:43 AM (1 year ago)

Haha! No embarrassing moment on camera -yet – but that was a great video! You are doing awesome!

55. maryhelenc
    June 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM (1 year ago)

Love the little guy teasing! My girls would do the same thing for sure! My teenager would have that on her IG to try & get it to go viral! LOL!

Keep up the great work on your journey to health!

56. R U S S
    June 14, 2014 at 8:26 AM (1 year ago)

Work it! :)
    I admire your determination and discipline. And I should really get back to working out.

57. Amanda
    June 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM (1 year ago)

Sorry it didn’t work out the way it was suppose to, but thanks for sharing. It gave me a good laugh!

58. Michelle Christopher
    June 14, 2014 at 9:14 AM (1 year ago)

It’s so funny that I read this today. I was doing my strength training the other day and the resistance band snapped and smacked me in the face. Your video is so cute. Congratulations on your progress!

59. Jon
    June 14, 2014 at 9:41 AM (1 year ago)

Love your attitude on life! You have to take the good with the bad but never stop persevering!

60. Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama
    June 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM (1 year ago)

OUCH! I am so sorry that you got pulverized by the bands!! But just keep going… just keep swimming!

61. Meredith Elizabeth
    June 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM (1 year ago)

I would love a Fitbit Flex. Does it help you gauge your sleep? Or have you been focusing on the calories? Try not to starve your body of calories especially when you’re exercising. Have you heard of carb cycling? Blessings~

62. Ann BAcciaglia
    June 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM (1 year ago)

I am such a clutz when it comes to working out that I look terribly uncoordinated.

63. Jennifer
    June 14, 2014 at 12:50 PM (1 year ago)

oh my gosh your before and after pictures are hilarious. I’m sorry you got hit in the stomach but it did make for a funny picture.

And I’m surprised your Kinect didn’t pick up on him in the background. Our chihuahua can’t even walk next to us without the Kinect freaking out

64. Rebecca Swenor
    June 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM (1 year ago)

I always had that same problem with my kids mocking me about me doing exercises but funny how when it came right down to it they could keep up with me. Thanks for sharing.

65. Annie
    June 14, 2014 at 5:02 PM (1 year ago)

I use resistance bands all the time to help my patients improve their arm strength! Your 5 year old is too cute 😛

66. Beeb Ashcroft
    June 14, 2014 at 6:54 PM (1 year ago)

Oh, this is cracking me up! I can so relate! I definitely have to edit my YouTube videos to cut out the bloopers. Last year I made one where I was talking about a product and my fiance, the cameraman, got the giggles out of nowhere and we had to stop. He couldn’t get it together to keep filming, so I shooed him away and just propped the camera up on a tripod for take two. Once I started recording again, a goose honked loudly in the background. Sometimes you just can’t win! 😉

67. Missi
    June 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM (1 year ago)

Too funny!! Thanks for sharing. I can totally relate. I have been trying to get in “summer shape..” wish me luck!

68. Tough Cookie Mommy
    June 14, 2014 at 9:24 PM (1 year ago)

Oh my goodness! That must have been really painful. I’m glad you didn’t get seriously hurt.

69. Dawn
    June 14, 2014 at 9:49 PM (1 year ago)

That last picture is exactly what I look like working out. Well, at least the face does.

70. Jhady
    June 14, 2014 at 10:18 PM (1 year ago)

I was laughing at the video, I think he is so cute and funny. Way to go!! I love zumba, it’s fun and effective.

71. Sandy Sandler
    June 15, 2014 at 6:35 AM (1 year ago)

Oh my goodness your son is adorable! Yes I do video taping for crafts and have had my share of embarrassing moments! Congrats on your fitness success. You are rocking it!

72. Janeane Davis
    June 15, 2014 at 11:36 AM (1 year ago)

It was fun to read this post about the wrong workouts. I also liked seeing the Fitbit report screen. It reminded me to go add my breakfast.

73. Christie
    June 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM (1 year ago)

Glad I’m not the only one that does things like that! I can be so klutzy with new workout equipment

74. Melissa @ This Girl's Life Blog
    June 16, 2014 at 9:56 AM (1 year ago)

That is hilarious! I am the same way though. It always takes me a while to get into my routine especially for cardio workouts. I probably look like a fish out of water when I first start.

75. Liza @ Views From the 'Ville
    June 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM (1 year ago)

I love that you include your own “oopsies”. Getting hit with one of those pull bands is totally something that would happen to me, too, and I feel better knowing it happens to others!!

76. krystalskitsch
    June 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM (1 year ago)

Love the “video bomber!” Too funny. I need to try Zumba that way!