Top 25 Workout Songs Day 18 of 100

174 Flares Twitter 11 Facebook 1 Google+ 42 StumbleUpon 52 Pin It Share 68 Filament.io 174 Flares ×

It never fails I get to that halfway point in my walk and I start feeling like turning around but the one thing that keeps me going besides reaching my goal is a great song.   It seems like when my motivation starts to wain the perfect song comes on and puts some pep in my step and I am able to finish strong.

Music has the power to do great things.  They actually use music with Alzheimer patients because music from a persons childhood can actually help them with memory recall from earlier years from when they first heard the song.   Now that is some powerful stuff.

During a workout music can distract you and help you to kill time to make it through your workouts.  Now you can’t just listen to any old music you have to listen to music that gets your hear racing and that make you move.  This is called “stimulative music”  because it has the ability to wake you up.

Did You Know

A 2010 study found that cyclists actually worked harder when listening to faster music as compared to music at a slower tempo. But too fast is no good, either. Songs between 120 and 140 beats per minute (bpm) have the maximum effect on moderate exercisers. HuffPost Healthy Living

So the next time you add a song to your playlist ask yourself if its going to pump you up and give you that extra boost you need when your working out.   I personally like to arrange my playlist to where I can keep pace and do intervals to it.

When a fast song comes on I increase my walking speed and when a slower song comes on I bring it down a notch.  When I really want to mix things up I put it on shuffle which helps to keep it interesting so I never know what next.

Did You Know

The rhythm of your workout music stimulates the motor area of the brain as to when to move, thereby aiding self-paced exercises such as running or weight-lifting. HuffPost Healthy Living

Here are my Top 25 Workout Songs

top 25 workout songs

Wanna hear a few of them just click on the widget below.

Daily Steps

I upped my steps by 2109 steps from yesterday to today.

June 5 fitbit dashboard

What I Ate

June 5 Breakfast lunch dinnerJune 5 snack and totals

the workout header

No weight training this day!

What are some of your favorite songs to power through a workout.

If you want to give it 100 with me grab yourself a fitbit flex and follow along with me here.

The New Flex: Wireless Activity Tracker

Comments

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says

I like all of your song choices, but I don’t have any of them on my playlist. I like hard rock to get me motivated.

2. says

Great selection of music. I also listen to music but rarely hear it, I use it as the background noise. I am usually in my own world looking at the beautiful views. My husband picks on me because more than once I have come home and had Barney playing because my playlist changed and I never noticed.
    Jennifer Williams recently posted…Mineral Ridge – Coeur D’Alene, IdahoMy Profile

3. says

Loving the songs. Thought I had a great playlist but you some songs I never thought of. Have you heard “Gotta Work” by Amerie? That’s a great song to add.

4. Ann Bacciaglia says

I love the songs on your list. Great songs to listen to. I love reading what you eat. You are inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

5. says

This is a great list. I am getting back into working out, but never thought about adding music. I might starting dancing instead of working out lol

6. Misty Battle says

Great list of music. I have some of them on my playlist as well. Your doing a wonderful job on your workouts. I love keeping up with your progress.

7. samantha says

i need more of these im always outta the loop of what music is out there, im def going to save these songs : love the health food table

8. Rebecca Swenor says

The music is what keeps your mind of the pain or the wanting to quick going. I learned that is why in the Army we did cadets.

9. Ann Bacciaglia says

Fantastic playlist. Thank you so much for sharing. I love listening to music when I am outside walking. It helps keep me motivated to keep walking.