Get Fit. Get Active. Get Inspired. Subscribe to get the latest updates and printables.

In Transition Days 6-14 of 100

25 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 18 Google+ 3 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 Filament.io 25 Flares ×

This post is going to be different than other because like the title suggest this week I was in transition.  My son graduated from Kindergarten and since he was going to be going away for the summer to spend time with this grandparents on the east coast I let him stayed home instead of going to daycare.  This of course changed my ability to get in  all the miles that I had gotten in last week because he wants no parts of walking up to 10 miles a day.

I fell short on my goals quite a bit this week but I still got in some good steps and some quality time with my son during a number of activities and outings around town.  We everywhere from the zoo to the amusement park.  I would normally post my fitbit dashboard screen but since I don’t think anyone wants to see like 7 screenshots I have included my end of week total here to compare to last weeks totals.  To see how I stacked up while in transition this week.

This week

fitbit

Last week

fitbit

As you can see I didn’t do nearly this well this week but now that my son is gone for the summer I will be stepping up my  training to make up for the disappointment in steps of this week.  I of course don’t regret it since my son had a great week before he left.    Check out all the fun we had this week at the OKC Zoo, Science Museum and Frontier City.

A week in transition

Happy Graduation Daylan….

kindergarten graduation in transition

The first day we spent at the Science Museum since we got rained out from going to the zoo that is right next door.

20140527_123755

20140527_124217

20140527_124738

20140527_131852

20140527_131911

oklahoma city science museum

The next day we headed to the Oklahoma City zoo.  I will probably be heading back to the zoo while Daylan is gone now that I know they have a walking trail with mile markers.

oklahoma city zoo
20140528_144709

20140528_150329

20140528_151846

Our last outing of the week was Frontier City, an amusement park here in Oklahoma.

frontier city

So I convinced Daylan to ride this very scary ride.  Well it went horribly because he spent the entire time crying his eyes out it was a pretty scary ride for a 6 year old but the rest of the day went much better.  I know give me the bad mommy award.  Oh and I rode it with him I took this pic while we were standing in line. 20140529_141519
20140529_144358

20140529_145112

20140529_155435

img001

We were definitely in transition this week but all of them were good transitions.  I am so proud of  Daylan and can’t wait for him to come back home even though he just left. Overall I would say that it was a pretty darn good week for mommy and Daylan bonding time.  Stay tuned to next week when things get real!!!

If you want to give it 100 with me grab yourself a fitbit flex and follow along with me here.

The New Flex: Wireless Activity Tracker

50 Comments on In Transition Days 6-14 of 100

1. Kay Adeola
    June 2, 2014 at 9:30 AM (1 year ago)

You still did really well i mean i am not sure if i even do half of what you did this week lol. At least you had a good time with your son that’s what matters the most :-).

2. Meredith@MommyAtoZ
    June 2, 2014 at 9:38 AM (1 year ago)

Congrats on your son’s graduation! Looks like you two had an amazing time.

3. Bobbie
    June 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM (1 year ago)

Good job for still getting your steps in even though you were crazy busy!

4. coolchillmom
    June 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM (1 year ago)

what a wonderful celebration!
    I need you organizing my happy moments, you did manage to do a lot of things, really many things
    how much fun :-)

5. Paula Parker
    June 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM (1 year ago)

What a cutie. You’ll get your walks in this week and have great memories to keep you company.

6. Alis
    June 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM (1 year ago)

I need to walk more. It looks like you had a fun week, and congratulations to your son!

7. Louida
    June 2, 2014 at 10:31 AM (1 year ago)

Well the good thing is you got some walking in at the zoo and amusement park. Looks like you both had a great quality time together.

8. tara pittman
    June 2, 2014 at 10:43 AM (1 year ago)

Sometimes we need to change our exercise routine. Now that my kids are home for the summer we go to the park and walk laps while they play.

9. Robin (Masshole Mommy)
    June 2, 2014 at 10:55 AM (1 year ago)

Huge congratulations to your son on his graduation! It looks like you guys had a blast at the science museum!

10. Yona Williams
    June 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM (1 year ago)

Congrats on your lil’ one graduating from kindergarten. Looks like you had a ton of fun…I love going to different zoos. I don’t know how I’d feel about seeing a two-headed cow…but very cool exhibits.

11. becca
    June 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM (1 year ago)

Girl you did great with everything happening this week. Awesome job all around.

12. Anna
    June 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM (1 year ago)

You definitely did a great job. It can be difficult to balance personal fitness goals with family life. Good luck in the weeks to come.

13. Denise Gabbard
    June 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM (1 year ago)

You did a lot this week and had lots of fun, too…that’s a win-win I’d say :)

14. Kungphoo
    June 2, 2014 at 1:48 PM (1 year ago)

Happy Graduation! Looks like you are having fun!

15. Emily
    June 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM (1 year ago)

He is a cutie! Enjoy your break!

16. Karen@From the Garden Table
    June 2, 2014 at 2:55 PM (1 year ago)

Congrats on your son graduating Kindergarten! It looks like you had a super fun week with him, and that is what is important. You can get back on track next week!

17. Ashley
    June 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM (1 year ago)

Don’t be disappointed with your steps – be proud! You may not have met your goal this week, but you still accomplished a lot – including something WAY more important. :)

18. Pam
    June 2, 2014 at 3:03 PM (1 year ago)

The zoo looks like a lot of fun. I bet walking in the zoo will be nice!

19. Kristen from The Road to Domestication
    June 2, 2014 at 3:12 PM (1 year ago)

Oh, he’s so cute! And you may have not accomplished what you wanted to accomplish, but you accomplished some time with your son, and that’s good!

20. Lexie Lane
    June 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM (1 year ago)

I hate to say it, but you could easily lose the hard work you put in, but you will always have all those awesome memories with your son :) Plus he won’t ever forget it, I’m sure.

21. Kathryn
    June 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM (1 year ago)

Love that Science Museum, I would have fun there!

22. Tiff Hill
    June 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM (1 year ago)

Aww! The Zoo looks like a blast. Your son and yourself are adorable! Keep Shining! :)

23. Donna L (@PretentiousHW)
    June 2, 2014 at 3:47 PM (1 year ago)

Looks like you still got in a bunch of activity that week though! :) good job!

24. Natalie
    June 2, 2014 at 3:48 PM (1 year ago)

Congrats on him going to 1st grade, how exciting! I’m waiting for my kids to be out of school, not til the 13th though.. That zoo looks way cooler than the one in DC (closes one to us) & I want to take the kids to a water park, they would have a blast, as would I.

25. Amanda Ripsam
    June 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM (1 year ago)

we went to the zoo a few weekends ago, my 7 year old is graduating kindergarten we started her later do to her special needs and she was in a early readiness program then transition to mainstream classroom with a IEP. Your son is adorable, hope he has fun during his trip, you will get time soon enough and miss your little man like crazy the zoo was a sneeky way to get in lot’s of walking lol

26. Lady Lilith
    June 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM (1 year ago)

Happy graduation to your little one. It must be really exciting to move on.

27. lawna
    June 2, 2014 at 6:36 PM (1 year ago)

What a handsome little man your son is. My middle son will be attending kindergarten this year.

28. Sarah Bailey
    June 2, 2014 at 6:51 PM (1 year ago)

Oh wow it looks like you had a wonderful time together :) good luck with the future :) x

29. Terry
    June 2, 2014 at 7:13 PM (1 year ago)

Don’t beat yourself up so much… I think you did GREAT!! I don’t know how you find the time to do it all. Super Woman is what you are!

30. Jennifer Williams
    June 2, 2014 at 9:40 PM (1 year ago)

You had a good excuse for not doing as much this week. I would be sitting around crying if my youngest was going to be gone for the summer. Heck I would be crying if my oldest was going off for the summer and he is 17. Glad you spent some extra time with him before he goes.

31. Jeanna McMicking
    June 2, 2014 at 9:53 PM (1 year ago)

Kids trump anything any day! Good job and enjoy it.

32. Grace
    June 2, 2014 at 9:58 PM (1 year ago)

Congrats to your son on graduating kindergarten. That is a huge transition for him and you so I think you can take a breather :) The museum looks like lot of fun

33. Marielle Altenor
    June 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM (1 year ago)

Wow your son is gorgeous!! Such a beautiful smile too! I bet you will miss him a lot while he is at his grandparents. Take that time to get back to your goals! Much success!

34. Tough Cookie Mommy
    June 2, 2014 at 11:20 PM (1 year ago)

I think it is important to prioritize your time and you did the right thing making time to spend with your son. You will pick up the pace with your fitness goals moving forward.

35. Jen
    June 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM (1 year ago)

Loos like you had a great balance of fitness and play – and your son will remember it forever! I was impressed how your calorie burn was still very close to last week, even though the other numbers were lower – nice work!

36. Liz Mays
    June 3, 2014 at 6:48 AM (1 year ago)

You guys are so darn cute! I’m glad you enjoyed so much time together doing these fun things!

37. Amanda
    June 3, 2014 at 7:48 AM (1 year ago)

Congratulations on the graduation! The zoo is a great place to get your steps in!

38. veronica
    June 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM (1 year ago)

Life does happen! Congrats to your son. he is very handsome

39. Pam
    June 3, 2014 at 9:13 AM (1 year ago)

I think you did a great job and probably did more this past week than most people.

Congratulations to your son and I hope he has a wonderful time visiting his grandparents. You will have even more transition when he comes back and getting ready for school in the fall. Have a wonderful summer.

40. Triplezmom
    June 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM (1 year ago)

Sounds like a wonderful week and worth not getting as many steps in. But you’re still doing great!

41. Ann Bacciaglia
    June 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM (1 year ago)

Wow, you are amazing. That is a lot of steps! I am lucky if I walk 5,000 steps a day right now. Making memories with our children is very important and I am sure you and your son will always remember this fun trip.

42. Jeanette Mays
    June 3, 2014 at 1:27 PM (1 year ago)

I still think you are doing great! It’s even harder to keep up with things on weeks that are so busy especially if you have children. Keep up the good work!

43. Elayna Fernandez ~ The Positive MOM
    June 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM (1 year ago)

You are doing a wonderful job and keeping balanced, spending time with your son. I think you are an amazing role model for moms!

44. Fabulous Perks
    June 3, 2014 at 9:30 PM (1 year ago)

Oh what fun way to celebrate. Congratulations to your little man. He’s so adorable.

45. Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty
    June 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM (1 year ago)

Sounds like a perfect reason to play hooky. 😉 Cute little man, I bet you’ll miss him during his trip!

46. 2 Groovy Moms
    June 5, 2014 at 2:23 AM (1 year ago)

such a cute kid! and, um, yeah, that ride looks terrifying (but I’m not a rollercoaster fan). I would’ve been crying right along with your son. ha!

47. Marni | Love and Duck Fat
    June 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM (1 year ago)

Spending quality time with your son is DEFINITELY more important than walking a few miles. I know mommy needs to do for herself, and I’m sure this was rewarding in more ways than one. Looks like you had a blast.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on In Transition Days 6-14 of 100

1. […] did get to spend one week with him before he left and we had a really awesome time just him and I something that had kinda […]