Breakfast is by far one of the most important meal of the day so why not enjoy it with this delectable Frozen Banana Breakfast bowl shared with us by GFG.
About Gluten Free Gus:
Pam is the creator of Gluten Free Gus a site dedicated to gluten free recipes that she created to help her son who suffers from Celiac Disease. Gluten Free Gus is truly a blog filled with a mothers love for her son. Gus isn’t a little kid any more but now man but every recipe exudes the love she has for her son.
When Gus was diagnosed with Celiac Disease the goal became to do it gluten free. Happily, our boys and their friends were willing to eat any number of failed batches.
If you like this recipe be sure to leave a comment and visit Gluten Free Gus.
If you have a healthy recipe that you would like to submit to Fitness Fashionista please fill out the form here.
GFG’s Frozen Banana Breakfast Bowl
Our Breakfast Bowl is an excellent, almost “perfect” morning meal. It provides complimenting fast and slow digesting nutrients and energy needed for a productive day. Almost all the ingredients are “high-satiety” foods and high in fiber.
2 frozen organic bananas (preferably cut into 1″ chunks)
1 cup Kefir
1/2 cup chopped ice
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1. Place frozen bananas,ice, and kefir/milk into blender. Blend until smooth, adding additional liquid if necessary.
- 2. Immediately divide between two large bowls.
- 3. Scoop a spoonful of nut-butter into each bowl. Then sprinkle with walnuts and cacao nibs.
- Note: As an added treat, sprinkle on a few berries of your choice.
- (optional) fresh organic blueberries
- *Kefir adds a great tangy taste a lots of protein as well as probiotics for digestion however if you are vegan or dairy free, you can sub in a nut milk of your choice, which will modify the taste, but is still very good.
If you can’t find Kefir you can get it here.